Saturday 1st April was the TriForce Creative Network Incubator Selection Day hosted at Spotlight and the TCN team were so happy to meet the writers of the 20 selected TCN Incubator scripts.
On the interview panel TCN co-founder Fraser Ayres and COO Minnie Ayres were joined by Jay Davidson, Assistant Commissioner at the BBC. It was fantastic to meet such a talented group of writers, to hear them pitch their projects and learn more about their aims moving forward.
The final six writers of the TCN Incubator, in association with Creative Skillset, will be announced soon.
The TCN Incubator Shortlist
Paula B. Stanic – Cracked
Amarjit Bassan – Lalit’s Voice
Sam Benjamin – Liverpool ’81
Tsonko Bumbalov – Lemongrass and Morphine
Robert Goldsbrough – Strangers in Moscow
Tré Gordon – Coconut Boy
Shimon Greenidge-Forsyth – Song of the Ortlan Birds
Janice Hallett – Blackout
Mariama Ives-Moiba – A Family Like Mine
Zara Meerza – Yellow
Eleonora Mignoli – Onirika
Faisal Qureshi – Karachi Vice
Katie Redford and James Farmer – Sweethearts
Nicola Sinclair – Twist of Fate
Katrina Smith-Jackson – Tilbury Rush
David Stevens – Guardian
Gail Terry – Dead Ringers
Sharma Walfall – Out of Bounds
Charlie Ward – Fragments
Jonny Wright – Northern Monkeys
What will the Final Six Chosen Writers Receive?
- Paid development commission with TriForce Productions
- One-to-one mentoring on scripts, pitches and personal goals
- Personal ‘Facilitation Fund’ for travel, child-care, carers allowance etc.
- Industry professional led workshops and seminars throughout the year
- Direct connections and introductions to decision makers and commissioners
- Guaranteed push of project/s to numerous broadcasters & commissioners
- Support and knowledge share with other ‘incubees’
- Raising of profile within the industry, through press and exposure
Very well done once again to the TCN Incubator shortlisted writers, this in itself was quite some feat as the competition was extremely strong.
This programme is supported by Creative Skillset’s HETV Levy.