Development Team Assistant
Gaumont UK are looking for a new Development Team Assistant. Based in Berwick Street in Soho, London, this company is part of Gaumont, the world’s first film studio, with further offices in Paris and Los Angeles.
The UK arm is led by Executive Producer Alison Jackson, formerly of Kudos. Gaumont UK was set up in 2018 and has recently completed producing Tin Star for Sky Atlantic. They’re now working on new projects for both international streamers such as Netflix and UK terrestrial channels.
This is a great opportunity to start working in the TV industry in a long term role, as this role doesn’t require previous TV industry experience. It offers a great combination of the opportunities of a small team, within the structure of a much larger company.
Gaumont are looking for someone who has previous administrative or PA experience, who is pro active and ready to recognise and seize opportunities as they arise. You must be a good multi tasker, with an ability to prioritise. You will be working closely with the CEO’s PA, running multiple diaries and preparing for internal and external meetings, as well as keeping on top of the team’s to do lists and reading lists.
In addition to the administrative side of the role, there may be opportunity for creative input, for example doing research around potential development projects or reading submissions on request. This role will suit someone with a passion for scripted TV, who would like to move into development or producing eventually. They might have worked in administration in another industry, or have relevant production management experience.
You can read a full job description below. Please apply with your CV and in your cover letter include the following information:
- Tell us why you’re right for this job in a few lines – include your relevant admin and creative experience.
- Tell us when you’d be available to start the role – include if you have to give notice in your current role.
- Let us know if you’d be travelling from outside London if selected for interview or have any additional needs we can support you with for the interview.
Company: Gaumont UK
Starting Salary: £28,000
Reports to: Head of Development
Contract: 12 month contract, three month probationary period.
Location: Berwick Street, Soho, London
- Running and maintaining diaries for development team.
- Organising and preparing agenda for weekly team meetings.
- Liaising with writers’ agents to set up meetings.
- Booking external trips / events for development team.
- In conjunction with development executive, reviewing current filing systems and revising as appropriate.
- Maintaining all new filing systems.
- Preparing weekly development report.
- Keeping development slate up to date.
- Taking notes in weekly development meetings.
- Maintaining, and actioning, to do list in development database.
- Being across upcoming development deadlines (sending weekly development report, preparation for forthcoming meetings, answers on submissions due etc)
- Maintaining various development documents, including writers list, commissioners list, agents list.
- In conjunction with development executive, maintaining relationship with book scouts.
- Identifying upcoming cultural events