Amazon Prime Video Writerslam Competition
Please read these Rules before entering the Amazon WriterSlam Competition (the “Competition”). By submitting an entry, you acknowledge you have read and agree to be bound by these Rules and the decision(s) of TriForce Creative Network Limited (“Promoter”, “TCN”, “we”, “our” or “us”) and the judges, including Amazon Prime Video as the sponsor (“Amazon”, “Sponsor”) and that you satisfy all eligibility requirements.
- HOW TO ENTER.
The Competition entry period begins at 12:00 (GMT) on Wednesday 07 October 2020 and closes at 23:59 (BST) on Monday 26 October 2020 (the “Entry Period”).
To enter, you will need to submit via an online form available at thetcn.com/writerslam: i) a short synopsis of your idea that covers your approach to the series, ii) and your bio and iii) a 10-15 pages of an episode of the series. Please read the guidance available on this page carefully before submitting (thetcn.com/writerslam).
- Open to individuals in the United Kingdom each of whom are at least 18 years of age.
- Entries that are longer than 15 pages and do not follow the guidelines available at thetcn.com/writerslam, will be excluded.
- Entries that Sponsor considers defamatory, obscene or unlawful will be excluded.
- Entrants may not be members of any guild, union or other organization that may prohibit them from participating in this Competition and that would restrict, require due payment or otherwise have the right to oppose such entrant’s participation in this Competition.
- Not open to employees or independent contractors of Sponsor or Promoter.
- All Entries must be received during the Entry Period to be eligible. Our servers and clock shall be the official clock for all phases of the Competition, and entrant’s proof of a submission does not constitute proof of receipt by us.
- We are not responsible for (i) lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, or unintelligible entries or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries; or (ii) any printing, production, human or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY.
In addition to the Eligibility requirements above, you must follow and meet the following conditions when submitting an entry:
- You must be the legitimate and sole author(s) of the entry.
- You must be able to attend an online writers workshop on Saturday 05 December 2020 (“Writers Workshop”) and attend the online WriterSlam event on Tuesday 15 December 2020 (“WriterSlam Event”) in the event you are selected as a Finalist (defined below).
- Each entrant, by accepting these Rules and entering this Competition, represents and warrants that (i) they are the author of their entry; (ii) they own all right, title and interest in and to the content of the entry, including all patent, copyright, trademark, service mark, mask work, moral right, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary right and (iii) they have received the written consent of any person (or parent or legal guardian if such person is a minor) who appears or is identifiable in any entry.
- All entrants consent, by virtue of submitting the entry to the Competition, to our use of the entrant’s name, likeness, photograph or image, whether in writing, audio, and/or video, for any purpose, in any media, without compensation or additional consideration. We may at any time during the Competition request proof of such consent(s) and disqualify any entry for which such consent(s) cannot be provided. We may disqualify any entry which we determine, in our sole discretion, at any time does not to comply with any requirement, representation or warranty described in these Rules.
- Each Finalist may be required to sign and return an Eligibility Affidavit; Liability and Publicity Release or other form requested by us. Failure to return any required document by the date requested will deem the winner ineligible to receive the prize.
- Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, any person or any entity involved in any aspect of the Competition (including funding, judging or administration), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advisors, contractors, and advertising/promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”), for any action or claim brought by a person whose consent the entrant did not obtain.
- By entering this Competition, you acknowledge and agree that we will be required to process your personal data in order to administer the Competition and conduct publicity about the Competition. All information submitted in connection with this Competition will be treated in accordance with our Privacy Notice, located at http://thetcn.com/privacy-policy/
- We will collect personal information primarily to process your entry and to contact you if necessary. We will share your information with third parties that have a need to know for the purposes of administering the Competition (such as the judging panel).
If you do not agree to these Rules please do not submit an entry.
First Round. After the Entry Period, each eligible entry received will be rated by a panel of readers (in their sole discretion) based on creativity, uniqueness and execution plans. Four finalists (each a “Finalist”) will be selected and announced by no later than Tuesday 01 December 2020 (the “Finalist Announcement Date”). Promotor will contact all entrants to advise them of the outcome. Each Finalist will be notified by phone or e-mail.
Each Finalist will have seven days from the date of our notice to respond and confirm acceptance of the Finalist Prize (as defined below). If a Finalist (or any substitute Finalist) is disqualified, ineligible, cannot be reached, or fails to claim the Finalist Prize within seven days of our notice, that Finalist (or substitute Finalist) will forfeit the Finalist Prize and it will be awarded to the entrant who submitted the next highest rated entry, as determined by the judging panel. If, having attempted to contact a Finalist and the substitute winner for such Finalist, we are unable to award a Finalist Prize, we reserve the right to consider such Finalist Prize unclaimed.
Final Round. The Finalists will be invited to attend an online Finalist’s Workshop on Saturday 05 December 2020 to work on their script extracts with an experienced script editor. Following the workshop they will work on their script extract and submit a new draft within 7 days.
Each Finalist’s entry will be rated and compared against the other Finalist entries by the judging panel based on creativity, originality and execution, (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). The winner(s) (the “Grand Prize Winner(s”) will be selected based on the Judging Criteria at the online WriterSlam Event on 15 December 2020.
The Grand Prize Winner(s) will be awarded a non-transferable paid development where they will work with Amazon Prime Video for a fixed period of 6 months to develop a treatment and a pilot episode script. The Grand Prize Winner(s) will be paid a fixed amount of £5,000 as part of the development. If the Grand Prize Winner (or any substitute winner) is disqualified, ineligible, cannot be reached, or fails to claim the Grand Prize within seven days of our notice, that Grand Prize Winner (or substitute winner) will forfeit the Grand Prize and it will be awarded to the entrant who submitted the next highest rated entry. If, having attempted to contact the Grand Prize winner and the next three substitute Grand Prize winners, we are unable to award the Grant Prize, we reserve the right to consider it unclaimed.
All decisions of the judging panel are final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into. The names of the Finalists and Grand Prize winner and their county of residence will be provided on receipt of a written request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the award of the applicable prize.
IF TAXES ARE APPLICABLE TO THE PRIZES, IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER TO PAY TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES. PAYMENTS TO COMPETITION WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THE WINNER SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY US TO PERMIT COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. Competition winners are responsible for ensuring the tax documentation submitted complies with all applicable tax laws and requirements. If a winner fails to provide the documentation or submits incomplete documentation, the prize may be forfeited and we may, in our sole discretion, select an alternate winner.
We reserve the right to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) for an item of comparable or greater value, in our sole discretion.
Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that, if selected as the Grand Prize Winner(s), Amazon Prime Video has in its sole discretion the option, exercisable within 6 months from the Grand Prize Winner(s) being selected, to engage Grand Prize Winner(s) to develop the winning one hour pilot episode into a complete series. Each Grand Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees, if Amazon Prime Video exercises this option, each Grand Prize Winner shall enter into a separate exclusive agreement with Amazon Prime Video on their standard terms and conditions.
By participating in this Competition, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Amazon Prime Video, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, advisors, advertising/promotion agencies, distributors, vendors, and prize suppliers, as well as their directors, officers, and employees from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to the entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or related to any prize or component of any prize.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change these Rules or cancel the Competition at any time, or to modify, terminate, or suspend the Competition should viruses, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond our control corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Competition or submission of entries. We are not responsible for any human or other error that may occur in the processing of the entries, nor are we responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or for technical, network, telephone, computer, hardware or software, malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive any entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website. We are not responsible for injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other computer resulting from downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process, the outcome of the Competition, or the operation of the Competition or website; to be acting in violation of these Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WE AND OUR AFFILIATES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution of prizes is permitted except by us due to prize availability and then with prizes of equal or greater value. The Competition is governed by the laws of England & Wales. As a condition of entering this Competition, entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of England & Wales with respect to any claim, action or proceeding arising out of this Agreement and waives all objections to jurisdiction and venue of such courts. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Entrants agree that the decisions of Amazon Prime Video and the judges related to the Competition are final.
- PROMOTER AND SPONSOR/PRIZE PROVIDER.
Sponsor/Prize Provider: Amazon Digital UK Limited
Address: 1 Principal Place, Worship Street, London, EC2A 2FA
Promoter: TriForce Creative Network Limited
Address: SECOND FLOOR, 32-33 GOSFIELD STREET, FITZROVIA, London W1W 6HL
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY.
Promoter and Sponsor will not be responsible or liable for: (i) any failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or other conditions beyond their reasonable control; (ii) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (iii) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond their reasonable control; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
The Competition and all accompanying materials are copyright protected by TriForce Creative Network Limited and its affiliates. All rights reserved.