SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED! PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR A REMINDER OF THE NEXT STAGES OF THE COMPETITION.
Prime Video in search of new writers for paid development commission!
What are we looking for?
New voices, new faces, new perspectives. We want to hear from a broad range of applicants from all backgrounds. You might have literary representation, you might not. You might have written for theatre, or for short film, in your bedroom, or even just in your own head. You don’t need to be an experienced writer to enter – you just need the idea.
What do I need to submit?
We know that the prospect of writing an entire script can be daunting, so you just need to send us:
- A short synopsis of your series idea (no more than 1 page). This should include what genre your idea is (drama, comedy etc…), whether you think it will be half hour or one hour episodes, and an outline of what would happen over the first series.
- 10-15 pages of an episode. This does not have to be the first episode, but it can be.
When do I need to submit?
Submission are open from midday on Wednesday 07 October 2020 – 11:59pm Mon 26 October 2020.
Are there any restrictions?
There must be a maximum of 6 speaking characters in the script extract you submit. There can be further characters that appear in the episode or series later on.
What’s the process?
- All submissions will be read
- Up to 20 submissions will be shortlisted by the Triforce Creative Network Limited (TCN)
- Prime Video will select 4 submissions as finalists.
- The 4 finalists will be invited to an online writer’s workshop on Saturday 05 December 2020. These 4 writers will be taught how to generate an industry standard pitch and synopsis, as well as receiving in-depth advice and expertise from an industry Script Editor. Writers will also be developing their work with an eye to producing a full script by the end of the week.
- The 4 finalists will have their extracts performed at the online WriterSlam event on Tuesday 15 December 2020.
- Prime Video will select one winner.
What dates do I need to be available?
Finalists will need to attend the workshop online on Saturday 05 December 2020 and attend the online showcase on Tuesday 15 December 2020. You will not need to travel to London as these events are both online due to the coronavirus social distancing restrictions. Please keep these dates available.
What is the prize?
The winning writer will be selected by Prime Video.
Following their win, they receive a paid development commission and will be mentored by Jonathan Lewsley, UK Head of Scripted for Amazon Studios, for a six month period to develop their idea into a full episode script.
For full terms and conditions please go to: http://thetcn.com/2020-writerslam-amazon-prime-video-tcs/
TRIFORCE CREATIVE NETWORK AND AUDIBLE ANNOUNCE WRITERSLAM FINALISTS We’re very excited to announce our four finalists for our Audible WriterSlam! The four writers were selected following a nationwide call out for...Read more
For all those keeping on eye on the WriterSlam with Audible competition, we’ve got an update for you! The new deadline for this competition is now 23:59pm on Monday 10th...Read more