SUBMISSIONS CLOSED: WriterSlam is now closed for submissions. Thank you to all those who have applied, we will now be reading all the entries and will be back in touch soon to let people know if they’ve been shortlisted. Please see below for a reminder of the process and the key dates.
Calling all writers! Win a paid development commission with Audible!
Following the success of WriterSlam with Amazon Studios, we’re partnering with their sister company, Audible, to find new and exciting projects that are perfectly suited for audio. With over 400,000 audiobooks, Audible Original dramas, podcasts and short stories, Audible are constantly on the hunt for new writing talent.
We’re looking for new voices who come from all backgrounds. We champion diversity of experience – if you include everyone, you don’t need to exclude anyone.
You might have literary representation, you might not. You might have written for theatre, or for short film, in your bedroom, or even just in your own head. ANYONE can enter.
What are we looking for?
Through the WriterSlam, Audible is looking to provide fresh, diverse talent an opportunity to share and develop their untold stories in the form of audio drama with help from industry experts. We’re looking for ambitious and transformational stories that celebrate the medium of audio and spotlight themes of diversity and inclusion. We’re open to all genres with a particular love of Crime and Thriller, Fantasy and mythology (especially those tales inspired by non-Western traditions), SciFi, smart Horror, RomComs, dramatizations of true stories, and History that sheds light on the present. Beyond a great story we look for global appeal with a foot in the UK, series with the potential to return for multiple seasons, and worlds and characters that will inspire.
What do I need to submit?
Not everyone has the time to sit down and write a complete script, even if they’re the next Steven Moffatt. All you need to send us is:
- A short synopsis of your series idea (no more than 200 words). This should include what genre your idea is (Fantasy, Crime etc…), whether you think it will be half hour or one hour episodes, and an outline of what would happen over the first series.
- 10-15 pages of an episode of the series. This does not have to be the first episode, but it can be.
- Please make sure you’ve considered the fact that this is an AUDIO format in your script! It all needs to make sense without us being able to see it!
To enter please go to the submission form. https://thetcn.com/2020-writerslam-submissions-form/
When do I need to submit?
Submissions are open until 23.59pm on Monday 10th August 2020.
Are there any restrictions?
There must be a maximum of 6 speaking characters in the script extract you submit. There can be further characters that appear in the episode or series later on.
What’s the process?
- All submissions will be read
- Up to 20 submissions will be shortlisted by the TCN
- Audible will select 5 submissions as finalists.
- The 4 finalists will be invited to an online writer’s workshop on 19th September 2020. These 4 writers will receive in-depth advice and expertise from an industry Script Editor. Writers will then be asked to implement the notes from this session in a new draft of their extract.
- The 4 finalists will have their extracts recorded by actors and performed at the online WriterSlam event on 27th October 2020.
- Audible will select a winner.
What dates do I need to be available?
Finalists will be need to attend an online workshop on 19th September 2020 and also the online WriterSlam Final event on 27th October 2020. You will not need to travel for these events as they will both take place online.
What is the prize?
The winning writer will be selected by Audible. Following their win, they receive a paid development commission and will work with the Audible commissioning team to develop a treatment and a one hour pilot episode, with the potential for Audible to green light the series!
What are the rules?
To see the full terms and conditions for the competition, please go to https://thetcn.com/2020-writerslam-audible-terms-and-conditions/
By entering the competition you are confirming that you abide by the rules.
Submissions are now closed.
For all those keeping on eye on the WriterSlam with Audible competition, we’ve got an update for you! The new deadline for this competition is now 23:59pm on Monday 10th...Read more
TRIFORCE CREATIVE NETWORK AND AMAZON STUDIOS ANNOUNCE WRITERSLAM FINALISTS 17:00 Wed 21 August: Director of European Amazon Original Series for Amazon Studios Georgia Brown, announced the 5 finalists of the...Read more